Hospital Inpatient (DRG) Coding Auditor – Remote
This is a full-time position that will be based from your home office, reporting to the Manager, Facility Remote Coding Services within our Reimbursement and Advisory Services. The Coding Auditor ensures that coding compliance initiatives are met for our client. Reviews and analyzes medical records and abstracted data submitted by the client's coding staff to determine the accuracy of payment, code assignment, and adequacy of clinical documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements. This position may lead to permanent employment with the client, depending on performance, and other factors.
The Coding Auditor will have the following responsibilities:
- Ability to successfully perform coding quality reviews to validate correct coding, following the client’s Corporate Coding Compliance Plan and Quality Review guidelines.
- Provide feedback to coding staff on audit results.
- Provide training on areas where coding compliance is not met.
- Maintain ongoing communication with management, coding staff and clients to ensure target coding compliance goals are met.
- Perform QA reports
- Other duties as assigned
- High level coding expertise in IPPS
- Ability to research payor policies
- Experience in charge reviews – knowledge of chargemaster information in order to understand why something may
- Problem solving skills – not just looking at the coding on an account, but ability to see bigger picture to determine what is wrong
- Knowledge of EPIC, and computer skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced role
- Ability to prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and act effectively under pressure with initiative, tact, and poise
- Participate in special projects as needed
Pay: $21 per hour / DOE
Apply To Become A Medical Coding Agent:
https://virtualdeskjobs.com/join-now/ - Please reference agent ID code VDJAMY.
Please contact us directly to discuss remote medical coding job openings at 405-494-0214.