Orthopedic Surgery Medical Coding Specialist
Orthopedics Surgical Coding Specialist
- Reviewing physician reports and appending appropriate CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9 codes, and modifiers
- Managing work files to resolve coding edits by researching and using the most up-to-date tools available in order to make the appropriate and compliant corrections for reimbursement
- Accurate and timely review and coding of procedures and surgeries for multi-specialty areas into the billing and accounts receivable system
- Must have experience in reviewing physician documentation to assign the correct diagnosis and procedural codes for all encounters
- Ensures all external regulations affecting the coding process are implemented in the work course to assure compliance and consistency of coding and reduce the risk of external audits.
- Maintain a 95% coding accuracy on the quarterly internal QA policy
- CPC or CCS-P certification required from AAPC or AHIMA
- Minimum of 5 years relevant coding experience
- Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9-CM, Prospective Payment Systems, Correct Coding Initiative, Third Party Liability
- Ability to read/understand complex surgical notes and medical records
- Experience coding and/or auditing Medicare, Medi-Cal, and workers compensation
- Remote work
Pay: $23 per hour / DOE
Apply To Become A Medical Coding Agent:
https://virtualdeskjobs.com/join-now/ - Please reference agent ID code VDDonna.
Please contact us directly to discuss remote medical coding job openings at 405-494-0214.