Senior Consultant / Remote
The Senior Consultant is a non-exempt, full-time or part-time remote position reporting to the Director of Facility Coding Services. The Senior Consultant provides facility audit services to clients as assigned. All audit is performed with a focus on accuracy and completeness with an understanding that payment optimization is an outcome of correct code assignment rather than a separate process. Detailed knowledge of official coding guidelines and CMS regulations as they pertain to IPPS and OPPS reimbursement.
- Conduct coding quality reviews on Coding Consultants while on assignment as needed.
- Complete client reports that contain objectives, findings, observations, and recommendations for improvement.
- Provide in-service education to clients as part of audit projects.
- Serve as Team Leader at client site when multiple consultants are assigned.
- Assist in the design and presentation of educational seminars to clients as requested by the Senior Director.
- Provide audit services including ICD-9-CM Coding, CPT-4 coding, abstracting, and DRG and APC reviews in all health care settings.
- Complete expense reports in accordance with policy
- Submit time sheets for payroll in accordance with policy no later than 9am CST on Monday of scheduled payroll weeks.
- Attend continuing education classes to maintain proficiency in areas of coding that include but are not limited to ICD-9-CM, CPT-4, ambulatory surgery, ambulatory care, and OPPS coding.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, ability to be a positive influence on others, ability to work independently, willingness to take ownership of responsibilities, quality conscious, dependable and ability to adapt well to change.
- Knowledge and experience in inpatient and outpatient coding services including but not limited to ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding skills preferably as a consultant.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
- Understanding of medical terminology, and medical records content, format, and other pertinent procedures. Demonstrate ability to initiate services at a new client facility.
- AHIMA approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer a plus.
- Baccalaureate degree in related health care field preferred or associates degree with equivalent business experience. Credential of RHIA, RHIT or CCS.
Pay: $22 per hour / DOE
Apply To Become A Medical Coding Agent:
https://virtualdeskjobs.com/join-now/ - Please reference agent ID code VDJAMY.
Please contact us directly to discuss remote medical coding job openings at 405-494-0214.