Telecommute Medical Coder (HIM)
Remote Flexible Jobs (https://remoteflexiblejobs.com) is now searching for a Telecommute Medical Coder to work in the U.S.
JOB TYPE: Full-time; Part-time
- Review and abstract patient medical records. Report diagnoses, treatments, as well as surgical and non-surgical procedures for CAH facility medical services.
- Perform coding duties of discharged patient medical records using AHA Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM/PCS and HCPCS; CMS ICD-10-CM, AMA CPT Assistant, and ACEP ED Facility Level Coding Guidelines.
- Correctly assign ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT/HCPCS codes creating APG group assignments.
- Abide by the standards of AHIMA’s Code of Ethics. Concerns involving compliance issues are forwarded to the Manager of HIM for action.
- Apply accurate charges.
- Query physicians when documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Report unusual findings to the supervisor when coding.
- Ensure that the code assignment is supported by provider documentation.
- Maintain professional competency and knowledge of third-party payer and QIO regulations.
- Compliant with HIPAA, demonstrates discretion and integrity.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Computer, Internet, and a home office set-up.
PAYMENT: $26.00-$35.00 per hour
TO BECOME AN AGENT:
Apply and register today at https://remoteflexiblejobs.com/join-now and select the Remote Flexible Jobs Service Network.
Please reference user code RFJTanyaPhilip.
Please contact our office staff at 1 (405) 633-0079 if you have any further questions.
• Minimum of high school diploma is a plus.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated appropriate use of ICD-10, ICD-10- PCS, and CPT coding.
Experience: Two years of coding and abstracting experience in ICD-9-CM/ ICD-10-CM and PCS, DRG’s, and CPT including modifiers and APC’s.
Certificates, License, Registrations:
• Successful obtainment and maintenance of an AHIMA credential: CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, or RHIA.
• AAPC credential of CPC is also acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of the related Prospective Payment Systems (PPS) and CAH payment methodology.
• Experience with using a PC and 3M™ encoding systems.
• Broad knowledge of pharmacology indications for drug usage and related adverse reactions.
• Knowledge of ancillary testing (i.e., laboratory, X-ray, EKG).
• Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
• Understanding of coding practices and guidelines.
• Maintain compliance with HIPAA and patient confidentiality.
• Auditing skills for coding quality and compliance.
• Strong process management skills.
• Excellent communication skills in working with the public as well as co-workers.
• Basic knowledge of MS Excel.