JOB TITLE: Home-Based Virtual Assistant
Each job posting will vary according to the needs of the hiring person / company. This job description is only to give a general idea of the typical skills and requirements for this type of job posting.
PAY LEVEL: $12.00 – $25.00 per hour
SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES
The Virtual Assistant (VA) is responsible for providing a wide variety of support services. A VA may delegate some or all of her work acting as a single point of contact for the other VAs. Often, the VA serves in the role of Personal Assistant.
The successful candidate must possess the following core skills:
- strong administrative and organizational support
- effective and professional verbal and written communication
- ability to multi-task data entry and analysis
- minutes and notes taking
- calendar management and scheduling
- phone and fax
- strong work ethics
- working knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint
Other possible skills:
- online research
- social media monitoring and scheduling
- blog writing
- sales support
- travel research
- web design
- IT support and web maintenance (WordPress, etc.)
- Internet marketing including email and forum management
- Work station is located in a room with a door to avoid distractions.
- If necessary, babysitting services are arranged to provide a time slot of undisturbed, focused attention to details.
- desktop computer
- Internet connection
- telephone connection