Remote Certified Medical Coder
Remote Flexible Jobs (https://remoteflexiblejobs.com) is seeking for someone to fill the position of a Remote Certified Medical Coder to work in the U.S. only.
In this role, you will review medical records and apply the appropriate ICD–10-CM diagnostic codes. Codes must meet QA standards (following both the Official Coding Guidelines and Risk Adjustment Guidelines).
- Assign appropriate ICD–10-CM codes, mapping to risk adjustment models as applicable.
- Assign codes when the documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or otherwise unclear for medical coding purposes.
- Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Check chart assignments every day and accurately report all hours worked on a weekly basis.
- Maintain quality and production standards required by company.
- Report work-related concerns to assigned Coder Advocate and, if not adequately addressed, to Sr. Manager of Clinical Operations.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Computer, Internet, and a home office set-up.
PAY: $22.00-$35.00 per hour
TO BECOME AN AGENT:
Apply and register today at https://remoteflexiblejobs.com/join-now and select the Remote Flexible Jobs Service Network.
Please reference user code RFJTanyaPhilip.
Please contact our office staff at 1 (405) 633-0079 if you have any further questions.
• Active certified coder certification through AHIMA or AAPC is required (CRC/ CPC/CCS). CCA and CPC-A are not accepted.
• At least one year of experience as a certified coder is required.
• At least one year of risk adjustment coding experience is required.
• Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM outpatient diagnosis coding guidelines (knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements is highly preferred).
• Ability to code using an ICD-10-CM code book (without using an encoder).
• Strong clinical knowledge related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment and management.
• Reliability and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines (24-hour turnaround time on all assigned charts).
• Exemplary attention to detail and completeness-all medical coders must maintain minimum QA passing requirements based on HCC scoring model (HCCx < or equal to 5 and HCCm < or equal to 5). • Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation.